Everybody needs a go-to appetizer, something you always have the ingredients for and can make from memory. This creme cheese and sausage dip is mine. With only three ingredients, it’s easy to make, delicious and perfectly suited for almost any occasion!
I first tasted this recipe when my Aunt Connie made it for a family gathering and it’s been a Shiffler family favorite ever since. I’ve honestly never seen a dish of this stuff go unfinished. Your guests will be scraping the sides trying to get one last delicious bite!
Though it’s served hot, this dip makes a great dish all year round — even in the summer! Also, it freezes well, making it a marvelous make-ahead dish. In fact, I often double the recipe so I can have enough to freeze a batch for unexpected occasions. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes and it tastes fresh as ever!
- 1 pkg Jimmy Dean sausage (Regular or hot, depending on your taste)
- 1 can Original Rotel tomatoes
- 2 8oz Whipped cream cheese (if you use the blocked cream cheese, make sure it’s softened)
- 1 bag Multi-grain Tostitos Scoops or your favorite tortilla chips
- Crumble and brown sausage.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Rotel and cream cheese.
- Drain sausage in a colander or on a paper towel then add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix together and put in baking dish (I use chafing dishes – it fills two).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or fritos.
- (I usually make two batches and freeze one – before cooking – so I have it around. I have one in the freezer now!)
Do you have a go-to dip? Share yours in the comments below!