I’m hoping you’ll find this post romantic and creative, instead of what it actually is — really, really nerdy.
I started compiling things for this post a while back and though the “New Twitter” isn’t really new anymore, I am still obsessed with the video Twitter produced to promote it. If you missed it, check it out on YouTube here.
The short commercial follows a young man throughout his day and as the clip progresses, you realize that he has been preparing for a special date. I won’t ruin the end, but the video still gives me chill bumps when I watch it — it’s just so sweet! (I can’t help it, I’m a romantic.)
Inspired by the clip, I pulled together a toolkit of everything you need to recreate the special stargazing date. Check out the list below to find out where you can snag these wares and plan a romantic date of your own!
- Strawberries: Dallas Farmers Market
- Music: Weathervanes, FreeLance Wale’s LP, $15.99 or MP3 Download, $5.99
- Wine: Fledgling Pinot Noir, $25 from Fledgling Wine
- Book: The Stargazer’s Guide: How to Read Our Night Sky, $12.47, on Amazon.com
- Battery-Powered Record Player: Crossley 6002A, $149.95 from CrosleyRadio.com
- Picnic Basket: Avignon Picnic Basket, $45 at Crate & Barrel
- Blanket: Striped Wool Picnic Blanket, $70 by Mexichic on Etsy.com
The only thing I’m missing is a good spot to stargaze near Dallas. Any recommendations?Filed in: Love | 1 Comment »